One of the hardest things that people with dentures have to overcome is the inability to feel what is in their falsies. Without your natural gumline exposed, you often find that your dentures may be sporting a new look - of unchewed or unswallowed food.
- One of the ways that you can combat this pesky problem is to rinse your dentures under water after each meal. Not ony will this help your dentures look more dazzling, but they will also last longer.
- Rinse your mouth after eating as well. Even though it appears that the remains of your meal might be on your dentures, it can also hide in pockets in your mouth. This will lead to gum irritation. It is not exactly a problem that you want as a denture wearer.
- Brush your dentures daily to ensure that they are not having any hidden debris in their crevices.
- Soak your dentures overnight to ensure that they are properly sanitized and disinfected.
- Go to the dentist regularly. Although you might not have natural teeth to clean, you do have other issues that can arise in your mouth that need proper monitoring.
For other interesting facts about dentures and information on our DIY denture line of products, please peruse our other blogs. Thanks for reading and happy smiling!